High in protein, low in carbs, and paleo-approved, this 15-Minute Scallops and Zucchini Noodle Marinara recipe is a super easy, speedy dinner to prepare as a weeknight meal. Fresh herbs add a vibrant punch of flavour and hemp seeds sprinkled on top provide valuable healthy fats and fiber.
Brace yourselves friends: This might just be the easiest, peasiest, feels-fancy-but-is-actually-super-simple dinners ever.
I’m not sure if it’s just me, but there’s always been something that feels extra special about meals with scallops. Does anyone else feel that way? I think I was about 20 when I had them for the first time, and have no idea why it took that long to start eating something so delicious. The thing is though, that for whatever reason (cost maybe?) I don’t buy scallops that often. Today’s recipe might just change that.
A little while ago I reordered my usual Thrive Market Wild + Sustainable Seafood Box, which among other delicious fish, includes a pack of – you guessed it – frozen wild sea scallops. This weekend, they turned into a lovely, super saucy seafood marinara dinner. So good in fact, that I had to exercise the utmost self control to stop myself from digging before taking a couple of photos. I won’t lie – by the time I got to eating this it was cold – classic #foodbloggerlife. But if you can eat something cold that’s meant to be hot, and still have it taste fabulous, I think that’s a sure sign of a winner!
15-Minute Scallops and Zucchini Noodle Marinara
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
Delicate scallops and fresh flavours shine in this 15-Minute Scallops and Zucchini Noodle Marinara recipe, a low-carb, high protein and paleo-friendly meal that you can toss together on even your busiest weeknights.
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 clove minced or crushed garlic
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I used a Tuscan Herb one)
- about 120g raw defrosted sea scallops, weighed without shells
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1–2 tbsp minced fresh herbs (I used basil + parsley), plus more to garnish
- sea salt + black pepper
- hemp seeds, for sprinkling on top
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet on high for 2 minutes. Sautee the garlic and shallot for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and let it get hot. Meanwhile, strain any liquid off the scallops.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir the scallops into the tomato sauce. Cook until completely opaque throughout, about 6 minutes total.
- Finally, stir in the zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs and a good sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Cook just long enough for the mixture to be coated and hot throughout – about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate. Sprinkle with additional fresh herbs and hemp seeds. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
Tell me, do you have any favourite scallop recipes? I think my first choice is always going to be simple grilled scallop kebabs with sea salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice, but the recipe above is definitely a close contender!
1 thought on “15-Minute Scallops and Zucchini Noodle Marinara”