Roasting beets and cauliflower adds so much depth to the flavour of this dip, and also helps to create a smoother consistency.
- 1 cup diced purple beets
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the beets, cauliflower and shallots in a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Once finished roasting, place all ingredients in the food processor and process until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the jug with a spatula occasionally, and when finished, transfer to a small jar.