Get your cookie fix in liquid form with this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Smoothie. Oats and raw cacao contain naturally-occurring compounds that trigger the release of feel-good hormones in our bodies, so count on this one the next time you need a mood boost.
- 1 scoop chocolate Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1 big fistful of mild-tasting greens (optional – you won’t even notice they’re there)
- 3 tbsp gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice or chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 pitted date (optional – the smoothie still tastes great if you omit this.)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves and nutmeg
- 6-8 ice cubes
- low-sugar granola, your favourite nuts and/or dairy-free chocolate chips, all optional, to garnish
- Toss all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add a bit more ice if needed to thicken.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with your toppings of choice. Enjoy!