For those of you who love a good tart green apple as much as I do, this Lean Green Apple Smoothie is for you! With a twist of lime and plenty of greens to help you hit your daily quota, this low-sugar smoothie is a great way to start the day.
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein or Vega One
- 1 big handful of your favourite mild-tasting greens, such as spinach, chard, baby kale or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored
- 1/4 ripe avocado, pitted and skin removed
- 1 lime, skin completely removed, flesh only
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp chlorella powder or spirulina (optional – this will make it extra green and a little goes a long way!)
- 1″ piece of fresh peeled ginger, optional
- 6 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients except ice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss in the ice cubes and continue until no clumps remain.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!