Even as a morning person, admittedly, I find some days a little harder to wake up on than others. My best trick? Planning for a breakfast I know I’ll enjoy every last bite of. This Apple Cinnamon Crunch Smoothie Bowl is one that never fails to get me out of bed.
This green smoothie is lightly spiced with cinnamon (although I always add more!), slightly tart thanks to Granny Smith apple chunks, and satiating thanks to plant-based vanilla protein powder. Feel free to decorate it however you like, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
Sweet, crunchy, lightly spiced with cinnamon and loaded with plant-based protein, this Apple Cinnamon Crunch Smoothie Bowl is one of my fall favourites. Decorate with more apples, nuts and your favourite granola for a beautiful green smoothie bowl!
- 1 scoop link vanilla flavoured protein powder, such as Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored
- 1 big fistful spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/8 avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more to taste (or much more if you love it as much as I do!)
- 6 ice cubes
- garnishes: diced apple, cashews, cinnamon and your fave granola
- Put everything in the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Adjust the consistency with more ice if needed.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish however you like.
Want more smoothies to sip (and scoop)? Check out my 30-day Smoothie Challenge, complete with 30 fresh and vibrant smoothie recipes to help supercharge your health. From green blends to ones that taste like decadent dessert (but are actually packed with nutrition!), you’ll be spoiled for choice!