- 1 cup peeled + diced purple beets
- 2 cloves garlic (no need to chop them up)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 small shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp minced ginger root (or more, if you love ginger like me!)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, toss the beets and garlic cloves in olive oil and scatter them out on the parchment. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Once partially cooled, transfer the roasted beets and garlic to a food processor along with all remaining ingredients. Puree until completely smooth, pausing occasionally to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with sea salt and black pepper. If you want to add more ginger, do it now and puree again until completely smooth.