Of all the ways to use up a rotisserie chicken, this Chipotle Chicken Buddha Bowl is one of my favourites! Paleo, gluten-free and full of flavour, this recipe is perfect for batch meal prep and can be made in 20 minutes or less.
For the cauliflower rice:
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp torn fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- pinch of cumin
For the rest:
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 120g shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup mixed diced bell peppers
- ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- ¼ sliced avocado
For the chipotle sauce (you will have lots leftover):
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced (roast it first for the best flavour!)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp each extra virgin olive oil and tahini
- ½ tsp chipotle pepper flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- Use a blender or food processor to whirl together all ingredients for the chipotle sauce. Once smooth, transfer to a small jar.
- Toss together the ingredients for the seasoned cauliflower rice. Pour them into a serving bowl, followed by the romaine lettuce.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients as indicated. Stir together the diced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and red onion.
- Arrange the bell pepper mixture and avocado slices on top of the lettuce and cauliflower rice.
- Add a few tablespoons of chipotle sauce to the chicken and stir to coat. Pour the chicken into your serving bowl.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve with additional chipotle sauce and lime wedges.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican