The perfect snack for busy days, these Coconut Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, and easy to eat on the go. Make a batch, freeze them, and enjoy healthy snacking all week long!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered raw almonds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup natural organic sunflower seed butter (or nut butter of your choice – I don’t recommend peanut butter as it will overpower the other flavours)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chunks
- Line a baking dish or freezer-safe container (about 8×8”) with parchment paper, leaving some hanging over the edges of the dish. (You’ll use these as handles that pull the bars out later.)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place a small pot over medium heat on the stove. Add the brown rice syrup, maple syrup, seed/nut butter and vanilla to the pot, whisking to incorporate. Once smooth and runny, pour this into the dry ingredients.
- Stir well with a spatula, coating the dry ingredients. Once incorporated, stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking dish. Press it down as firmly and evenly as possible into a single layer, pushing it into all 4 corners of the dish.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours. Once firm, remove the block from the dish and use a sharp knife to slice into squares or bars.
- Wrap each individually and store in the fridge. These also keep well in the freezer if you prefer to make a bigger batch – just be sure to store them in a sealed container or bag.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-cook