Need a quick and easy hostess gift or dessert that requires no cutlery or plates? These customizable, antioxidant-loaded Dark Chocolate Superfood Cups should do the trick!
- 1 batch DIY vegan dark chocolate, or ~1 1/2 cups chopped dairy-free dark chocolate of choice (I like Vega maca chocolate)
- ~1/2 cup mixed toppings of choice (chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, cacao powder, matcha powder, cacao nibs etc.)
- Make the 3-ingredient chocolate as directed here, or melt the vegan chocolate in a double boiler on the stove.
- If using a muffin tin as your mold, line 6-8 large cavities or 12-14 mini cavities with silicone liners. If using a chocolate/candy mold, don’t worry about this step.
- Pour the chocolate into the molds (see note below).
- Allow the chocolate to partially set for about 1-2 minutes. (Simply leaving it out on the counter will achieve this – no need to refrigerate.)
- Sprinkle the toppings on each chocolate cup.
- Refrigerate or freeze until fully set, about 20-30 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove the liners and serve! Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
- Remember that you need to bite into these chocolate cups and they’ll be firm in the middle. Therefore, like chocolate bark, it’s best to just fill them a little bit. Nobody wants to lose a tooth!