This 5-ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Ginger Turmeric Chicken is full of flavour, spice and a hint of sweetness. Add it to your weekly meal prep routine and you’ll never say “boring chicken” again!
- 1 tbsp minced or pureed fresh ginger root
- 2 tbsp turmeric paste (I used this one from Naledo)
- 2 tsp raw honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 750g boneless skinless chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. (I chose to place a rack on top, but this is totally not necessary.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced ginger root, turmeric paste, honey, lime juice, sea salt and black pepper. Pour the mixture into a large resealable bag and place the chicken breasts inside.
- Seal the bag and toss to coat. If you like, you can leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for a few hours, but this isn’t required.
- When ready to cook, place the chicken on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional black pepper. Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on thickness, or until the center temperature rises above 165F.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let the chicken cool slightly before slicing and serving.