Using veggies as a swap for chickpeas, this hummus-like Tahini Turmeric Sauce is great as a dip or topping for your favourite grain/veggie bowls.
- 1/2 cup peeled chopped zucchini or cauliflower rice (both are fairly neutral in taste and add thickness)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lemon, + 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of sea salt, chili powder and black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and whirl them around until completely smooth.
- Add a more lemon juice if needed to thin. Season to taste with sea salt and chili powder.