Just as great as store-bought, this Sweet Teriyaki Sauce is perfect on stir fried veggies and also works as a flavourful marinade for meats, tofu and tempeh.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup gluten-free tamari (or coconut aminos, if on Whole30)
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar (note: to keep this entirely Sugar Detox-friendly, swap for a pinch of stevia or monkfruit. For Whole30, omit entirely.)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch, to thicken
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture straight into a small saucepan over medium-low heat, and stir constantly for 5 minutes. (Stirring is CRUCIAL – the corn starch will sink to the bottom and start to get clumpy if you don’t!)
- After 5 minutes of cooking the sauce will have reduced in volume. Transfer to a small jar and keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Category: condiment
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian