Like an epic taco, minus the mess. These Fish Taco Bowls with Chimichurri Sauce are loaded with roasted cauliflower, crispy cabbage slaw, creamy avocado, zesty lime and fresh chimichurri sauce. So good, you might just lick the bowl clean!
For the veggies:
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets + 2 tsp avocado oil + generous pinches of cumin, chili powder and sea salt
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup each shredded green cabbage, purple cabbage
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tbsp minced purple onion
- 1 small avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- sliced lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, to garnish
For the cilantro lime vinaigrette (you will have leftovers):
- 1/4 cup each extra virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed lime juice
- pinches of cumin, sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Chimichurri sauce (again, you’ll have leftovers):
- 1/2 cup each fresh parsley and cilantro (pack it in nice and tight!)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp each lime juice and extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of chili flakes, sea salt and black pepper
For the fish:
- 2 fillets white-fleshed mild fish, such as cod (about 160g raw weight each)
- 1/8 tsp each ground cumin, chili powder and sea salt
- 1 tsp olive, coconut or avocado oil + lime wedges
- Line a baking sheet with foil and toss the cauliflower in oil and spices. Roast on high at 400F for 30 mins or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, whirl all ingredients for the chimichurri sauce in the food processor and transfer to a small bowl or jar. It should have a dressing-like consistency, but shouldn’t be completely smooth.
- Whisk or shake the ingredients for the dressing in another small container.
- Chop the fish into small bite-sized cubes. Toss the pieces in the spices, then heat 1 tsp oil in a wok.
- Stir fry the fish cubes in the oil and squeezed lime wedges until cooked – about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Prepare all remaining veggies as indicated. Toss them together (except avocado) in a few tbsp of cilantro lime dressing, then divide between 2 bowls. Follow with the avocado slices and cauliflower once ready.
- Top the cabbage slaw mixture with the cooked fish.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, cilantro and lime wedges. Spoon chimichurri sauce on top before serving.