Healthy, delicious and perfect for fall, these Gluten-Free Apple Pie Oatmeal Snack Bars are ideal for snacking on the go, breakfast, or dessert. They’re also a cleaner version when compared to many store-bought bars. Whip up a big batch and you’ll be set for the week!
When I was little, my parents raised my sister and I with a lot of daily routines. Ever since we physically could, we made our beds in the morning, prepared our school lunches each night, and shared the responsibility of setting the table and clearing it after dinner every night. It’s certainly no mystery why I thrive on routines today.
Another one of my routines – one I enjoyed far more than setting the table and making my school lunches, which felt more like chores at the time – was reading before bed. Without fail, I’d curl up in my blankets about 30 minutes before bedtime, book in one hand and Granny Smith apple in the other. I’d read until the apple was munched down to the skinniest of cores, brush my teeth, then switch out the lights. I was an apple fiend, and Granny Smiths were my fave.
These days I don’t discriminate on apples, unless they’re the Red Delicious variety in which case it’s a hard no. (Sorry to any RD fans out there.) My preference is still on the tart side, and Pink Lady or Honeycrisp apples are at the top of my list. Of course, they tend to be the most expensive but those beauties are so worth it.
It’s not quite fall yet (thank goodness, because I’m sooooo not ready), but I couldn’t resist sharing these no-bake Apple Pie Oatmeal Snack Bars. I’ve been making tons of different varieties lately, and since they’re so easy to whip up and travel with, I’m convinced you NEED some in your healthy snack stash.
Love apple pie but don’t want the hassle of baking one? These Gluten Free Apple Pie Oatmeal Snack Bars are the answer! Perfect for dessert, breakfast, and on-the-go snacking.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup brown crispy rice cereal
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg and ground ginger
- pinch of cardamom and cloves
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apple pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats through spices).
- Place a small saucepan on the stove and pour in the brown rice syrup, almond butter and maple syrup. Turn the heat to medium and once the mixture becomes warm, stir constantly to create a smooth syrupy mixture. Once smooth and slightly runny (or after about 2-3 minutes of heating), turn off the stove. Add the vanilla, stir once more, then pour the contents of the saucepan into the mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula or large spoon, stir well to coat as many of the dry ingredients as possible. Transfer to an 8×8 silicone baking dish, or a pyrex baking dish. (I like to line mine with cling film or parchment to make the bars super easy to lift out.)
- Place in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for a few hours until firm. Slice into 12 bars and wrap individually. Store in the fridge or freezer.