Love Nutella? You’re going to love these no-bake Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bites! Decadent in taste but high on protein and healthy fats, they make a super easy and portable snack or dessert.
- ½ cup chopped pitted Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for about 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate Vega Sport Performance Protein or your fave protein powder
- 2/3 cup raw hazelnuts, lightly toasted if you want to enhance flavour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Blend the oats and chia seeds into flour in your food processor and combine them in a large mixing bowl with the protein powder.
- Process the hazelnuts into coarse flour, then transfer them over to the bowl containing the oat mixture.
- Remove the dates from their soaking water. Process them into very small pieces, scraping down the sides of the processor jug occasionally.
- Add about 1/3 of the hazelnut oat flour mixture, plus all remaining ingredients to the food processor along with the dates. Process until a dough forms.
- Add another 1/3 of the hazelnut oat flour mixture and continue processing.
- Finally, transfer the rest of the oat flour mixture to the processor, plus a tablespoon of water if necessary. (Note that the amount of flour mixture added will depend on the capacity of your food processor’s jug.) Alternatively, if your food processor looks like it’s having a tough time with the volume, mix in the final 1/3 of the flour in a large bowl.
- Form a ball with the dough, wrap it up and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Breaking off a small piece at a time, roll the dough into 12 balls.
These bites are best served cold. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins (+ chill time)
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: snack, dessert, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, high protein, chocolate, nuts, protein powder
- Method: no bake
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 117 cal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg