This All-Green Bowl with Cilantro Ginger Jalapeno Sauce may not cover all the colours of the rainbow, but there’s no doubt that it delivers on taste, texture and nutrition. Fuel yourself with this plant-packed bowl that’ll fill you up and give you the energy you need to conquer the day.
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 baby bok choy, shredded
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 fistful baby kale
- 2 tbsp fresh basil and mint, shredded
- 1/4 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 120g cooked diced or shredded chicken breast
- microgreens, sesame seeds, jalapeno slices and lime wedges, to garnish
For the sesame lime vinaigrette (you will have some leftover):
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp each low sodium tamari and fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1 batch cilantro ginger jalapeno sauce (you will have leftovers)
Prepare the dressing by shaking all ingredients together in a jar. Prepare the cilantro ginger jalapeno sauce as directed in the recipe.
Steam or boil the green beans until bright and tender crisp.
Meanwhile, prepare the bok choy, celery, kale and herbs as indicated above. Toss them all together with 1-2 tbsp sesame lime vinaigrette.
Arrange the green beans and bok choy mixture in a bowl. Follow with the sliced avocado and cooked chicken breast.
Scoop a few spoonfuls of cilantro ginger jalapeno sauce on top. Garnish with microgreens, sesame seeds, jalapeno slices and lime wedges.