Nutty, chocolatey and super easy to tote along as a healthy snack, these no-bake Chocolate Chip Pistachio Protein Bites are gluten-free, rich in healthy fats, and a delight to sink your teeth into!
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 chopped pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 5 mins
- 2/3 cup almond or cashew butter
- 2–4 tbsp water, added as needed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp each vanilla extract and almond extract (optional, but highly recommended)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Process the oats in a food processor until they resemble flour. Add the pistachios and do the same again.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the protein powder and cacao powder.
- Put the soaked dates into the processor and whirl until broken down into very small pieces. Add all remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and puree until as smooth as possible.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, processing on high until fully incorporated. Add a little bit of water if needed and pause occasionally to scrape down the edges.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and roll it into a ball. Wrap it and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to allow it to firm up.*
- Roll the dough into 12 small balls. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze in a sealed container.
*The chilling time isn’t absolutely mandatory, but I find that the dough is easier to work with when cold.
- Category: dessert
- Method: food processor
Keywords: energy bites, no-bake protein bites, snack, dessert, chocolate, pistachios, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, chocolate