Coffee lovers, these Almond Mocha Chip Protein Bites are for you! Packed with antioxidants from raw cacao and naturally sweetened with maple syrup, they’re a snack that taste decadent but are actually healthy! See recipe notes for a grain-free paleo option.
- 1/3 cup EACH raw almonds, almond flour and gluten-free oats*
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tbsp maca root powder (optional, for adaptogenic benefits and a little extra nutty taste)
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until they form a coarse flour.
- Add the almond flour, oats, cacao powder, ground coffee, protein powder and maca. Whirl again until the oats are broken down into tiny pieces and the mixture is well-combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients except dark chocolate chips to the processor and continue processing until the mixture resembles a dough. Add a little water as needed to moisten, or a little extra almond flour if it’s too sticky.
- Pour the dough into a bowl and add the chocolate chips. Knead the dough one last time with your hands, then roll it into 10-12 small balls.
- Store leftovers sealed in a container in the fridge or freezer.
*If you prefer your bites to have a smoother texture, you can swap the raw almonds for another 1/3 cup of almond flour. I like mine to be a little crunchy, hence the almond + almond flour combo. If you prefer the recipe to be 100% grain free, you could also do the same for the oat flour and just adjust with a little extra water if the mixture seems to be too dry.
- Category: snack
- Method: no-bake
Keywords: paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, snack, chocolate, coffee, dessert, antioxidants, no-bake energy bites, protein bites