Get ready for a zesty one! This Low Sugar Key Lime Pie Green Smoothie is naturally energizing and refreshing, making it a perfect healthy way to start the day.
- 1 big fistful fresh baby spinach
- 2 limes, flesh only (rind + peel completely sliced off), + 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp organic matcha powder
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 serving Navitas Organics Daily Superfood Wellness Boost (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- toasted flaked coconut, for topping
- Toss all ingredients except for the flaked coconut into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add ice to adjust consistency as needed, blending again until all chunks are gone.
- Pour into a glass and top with coconut, then serve.
I’ve used Vega Sport Performance Protein in this recipe, which contains stevia as a sweetener. If your protein powder doesn’t contain a natural sweetener, this smoothie will be more on the tart side. If you want a sweeter taste without adding much sugar, you could also add a few frozen strawberries.