These vegan No-Bake Almond Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars are a perfect for busy days when you need a healthy snack or breakfast on the go.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups brown crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup natural organic almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chunks
- Line a baking dish or freezer-safe container with parchment paper, leaving some paper hanging over the edges of the dish to be used as handles that pull the bars out later. (The dish I used was about 8”x8”
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place a small pot over medium heat on the stove. Add the brown rice syrup, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla to the pot, whisking to incorporate. Once smooth and runny, pour this into the dry ingredients.
- Stir well with a spatula, coating the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking dish. Press it down as firmly and evenly as possible into a single layer, pushing it into all 4 corners of the dish.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours. Once firm, remove the block from the dish and use a sharp knife to slice into squares or bars.
- Wrap each individually and store in the fridge. These also keep well in the freezer if you prefer to make a bigger batch.
I’ve tried making variations of this bar with other liquid sweeteners to replace the brown rice syrup, but have yet to find one that actually holds the ingredients together well. If you happen to try and have success, I’d love to hear what you used!
- Prep Time: 15 mins (+ chill time)
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: snack
- Method: no bake