A dessert that tastes like cake and requires zero baking? Sign me right up! These Coconut Carrot Cake Protein Bites are super simple, and hidden veggies have never tasted so good!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 2 pitted medjool dates, chopped and soaked in warm water for about 5 mins
- 1 cup shredded carrot – about 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1 tbsp each water and melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of nutmeg and sea salt
- In a food processor, blend the oats and chia seeds until they turn to flour. Transfer them to a large bowl with the protein powder.
- Pulse the walnuts into small pieces. Transfer to the flour mixture.
- Drain soaking water off the dates and place them in the food processor. Process until as fine as possible, pausing occasionally to scrape down the bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the processor with the dates. Blend on high until evenly incorporated, again, pausing to scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until a dough forms, adjusting with 1 tbsp water at a time as needed. (You’re looking for a cookie dough-like texture.)
- Roll the dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Breaking off a little at a time, roll the dough into 10-12 balls.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge, or seal and keep them in the freezer. These taste best cold.
If you don’t have sunflower butter, almond butter can also be used. I’d recommend avoiding peanut butter as it has a stronger taste and will overpower the other flavours in these protein bites.
- Category: snacks, dairy free, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, high protein
- Method: no bake
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0g