Made with gluten-free oat flour and naturally sweetened with maple syrup and dates, these vegan no-bake Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Protein Bites make a great healthy and portable snack.
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats, divided
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup chopped pitted Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for about 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein or your fave protein powder
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted if you want to enhance flavour
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla and cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Blend all except ¼ cup of the oats, plus the chia seeds into a flour. Transfer them to a bowl with the protein powder.
- Drain water off the dates and process until finely chopped.
- Add the almonds and continue blending, again until coarse.
- Add all remaining ingredients except raisins to the processor. Process until a course wet mixture forms, then add about half of the protein powder/oat flour mixture. Again, process into dough.
- Transfer the dough into the large bowl with the remaining protein powder/oat flour mixture, and remaining ¼ cup rolled oats. Mix well to combine, then fold in the raisins.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes, then roll into 12 balls.
These protein bites are best served cold, so I usually store them in sealed containers in my fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 109 cal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg