You guys aren’t tired of pumpkin yet, right?
Good. Because I can’t finish off the month of October without sharing these no-bake Pumpkin Pie Spice Trail Mix Bars. That’s right – no bake, minimal effort, stir-it-all-together-in-a-bowl-and-smush-it-in-a-dish-to-chill minimal effort. Which pretty much means they’re a must-make, right?
When it comes to bars, I like mine to have a whole bunch of textures, nutrient-dense ingredients, and a moderate level of sweetness. These ones fit the bill, and if you keep them individually wrapped in the fridge or freezer (which I’d recommend), they stay nice and firm which makes them easy to handle and travel with. Nobody likes crumbly bars, and you’re going to want to get every last crumb of these beauties in your mouth! They’re chewy, sweet and crunchy all at the same time – pretty much perfect as a healthy and portable fall snack.
Shall we then?Print
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups brown crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (see below)
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
To make pumpkin pie spice:
- 1/3 cup cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg and ginger
- 1 ½ tsp each cloves and allspice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats through sea salt).
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown rice syrup, maple syrup and almond butter, and whisk until a smooth, thin mixture forms (about 4-5 minutes.) Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to coat as evenly as possible.
- Pour the entire contents of the bowl into an 8×8 baking dish. (If your dish is glass, I recommend lining it with 2 sheets of parchment paper so that you can use them as handles to pull the bars out. If using a silicone dish, don’t worry about lining it.)
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for an hour, or in the fridge for about 3 hours to set. Once firm, use a sharp knife to cut 10-12 bars or squares.
- Wrap each bar individually. Store in the fridge, or freeze leftovers for up to 4 weeks.
- Prep Time: 15 mins (+ chill time)
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: snack, dessert
- Method: no bake
[Tweet “Healthy fall snack idea: Pumpkin Pie Spice Trail Mix Bars”]