Light up your tastebuds and make boring work lunches a thing of the past. This Quinoa Trailblazer Salad with Tamari Maple Almonds is sure to make your co-workers jealous!
For the roasted almonds:
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 tsp each maple syrup and low sodium tamari, plus a few pinches of sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the salad:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups very finely diced celery
- 1 cup mixed diced bell peppers
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage or radicchio
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked, rinsed and drained very well if canned
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- ¼ cup loosely packed freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp each pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp each fresh lime juice and tahini
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- Roast the almonds: Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with foil. In a bowl, toss the almonds in maple syrup and tamari, then sprinkle with sea salt. Drizzle the coconut oil on top and toss again to coat. Lay them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally and flipping the almonds for even roasting.
- Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake until evenly incorporated.
- In a very large bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients for the salad. Pour the dressing over top and toss well to coat. Let the salad sit for a minimum of 10 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: lunch
- Method: no cook