I have salad to share with you today, but we’ll get to that in a second.
Have you ever experienced a moment where you’ve felt completely, ridiculously, unbelievably grateful and happy for everything about your life? To the point where you practically wake up with a smile on your face and, just like a stamp that you get after paying for cover at a bar, you just can’t wipe it off? (If that triggers an image in your head of Drew Barrymore as Josie in Never Been Kissed, we’re twinsies.)
That’s exactly how I woke up this morning. Earlier this month I started a meditation habit, and as part of my goals for this year, I’ve been making a little bit of time every day to list 5 things I’m thankful for. Guys, I don’t think I’ve ever had 2 goals that, when combined, have had such a profound effect on me. Like, ever.
My biggest reason for being ridiculously grateful is still kind of a great big secret, and I’ll tell ya allllll about it in a couple of weeks – I pinkie promise. But there are many other reasons too. Tonight I’m going to be speaking at a friend’s ladies’ networking dinner on the topic of building your personal brand. This is the first event in a series and I’m SO honoured to have the opportunity to talk to a group of amazing ladies about what I’ve learned.
Personal branding is something I didn’t think much about until university, where one of my favourite professors (who happens to be one of my longest-time readers – Hi Shirley!) introduced me to the subject. I’m a huge marketing nerd and could go on for hours about it, but tonight I’ve got a 20 minute talk planned. I feel like I spent literally all weekend talking to myself, but hopefully all that practice will translate into a group of ladies inspired to build amazing personal brands!
More reasons to be grateful:
- It’s SPRING!
- I got a lane to myself for my entire swim workout on Monday
- Another long weekend is coming up
- One of my friends is coming to visit and we’re going hiking
- There’s a gorgeous bouquet of lilies sitting on the table in front of me
- I painted my nails on Monday and was too lazy to put on a top coat, and they still haven’t chipped!
- I’m going to be sweating it out with a bunch of awesome peeps at Method on Friday morning and can’t wait
- Sunday is Easter!
On that last point, the Rainbow Celebration Salad I’ve got for you today was created with Easter in mind. It’s big enough to serve a crowd and is a perfect mix of crunchy, creamy, sweet and savoury. If you prefer a vegan diet or are sensitive to eggs, try swapping them out for chickpeas or cooked quinoa. Whatever you use, it’ll look beautiful as part of your Easter spread!
Rainbow Celebration Salad
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Ingredients (About 16 cups)
- 6 cups mesclun mix, baby spinach or your favourite greens
- 1 1/2 cups quartered radishes
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radicchio
For the strawberry vinaigrette:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- water, to thin as needed
Start by washing the greens and laying them out on a large serving platter.
Arrange the radishes in a row at one end of the platter, and continuing doing the same with the rest of the ingredients in the order listed.
To make the dressing, whirl together all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour the dressing into a small jar and drizzle some on top of the salad. Save the rest to be added to individual servings once the salad is served.
Note: Want to make it vegan? Simply swap the hard boiled eggs for cooked chickpeas or quinoa.
[Tweet “For your #Easter menu: Rainbow Celebration Salad #recipe”]
So tell me…
- What are you grateful for today?
- Do you have any special plans for Easter?