Bright, colourful and bursting with fresh flavours, these Pico de Gallo Shrimp Cocktails are perfect for summer parties, CInco de Mayo, or any time you need a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated or finely minced ginger
- 12 large raw shrimp, tails removed
- 1/3 cup lime juice, divided
- 1 cup seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup mixed sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and very finely minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- a few pinches of dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro, plus more to garnish
- In a small non-stick skillet, heat the garlic, ginger and half of the lime juice for 1 minute on high. Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until completely opaque. Remove from heat.
- Chop all vegetables and combine in a bowl with the remaining lime juice, cumin, chili flakes, and cilantro. Toss to coat.
- When the shrimp are cool enough to touch, chop them into small pieces. Mix into the bowl. Allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture evenly between cocktail cups and serve garnished with additional cilantro and lime wedges, if desired
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Category: appetizer
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican