Salmon sushi meets Hawaiian poke with this sweet and spicy bowl of rainbow-coloured goodness.
- 1 cup chopped lettuce of choice (I used Inspired Greens butter lettuce)
- 1/3 cup diced cucumber cubes
- 1/3 cup diced mango cubes
- 1/4 cup diced avocado cubes
- 1/4 cup julienne cut carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 100g sushi-grade wild Pacific salmon, sliced into small cubes
- to garnish: sesame seeds, pickled ginger, lime wedges and cilantro, all optional.
For the spicy sauce (you will have leftovers):
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp low-sodium tamari
- Make the sauce: Whisk or shake together all ingredients in a small jar.
- Arrange the lettuce in the bottom of a bowl, using some leaves to line the sides.
- Prepare all remaining ingredients as indicated above.
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, mango and avocado. Pour it into the lettuce-lined bowl, followed by the julienned carrot and shredded purple cabbage.
- In the same bowl you mixed the cucumber, mango and avocado in, toss the sushi salmon cubes in about 1 tbsp spicy sauce. Add the cubes to the poke bowl.
- Drizzle lime juice over top if desired and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with optional garnishes and remaining spicy sauce on the side.