Quick, easy and full of flavour, these Sesame Ginger Beef and Broccoli Noodle Bowls make a fantastic healthy weeknight dinner (and leftovers for lunch, too!)
For the sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or low-sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp minced ginger root
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder (see note)
For the rest
- 500g uncooked sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips
- 5 cups chopped bite-sized broccoli florets
- 3 cups diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to garnish
- ~1/4 cup loosely packed torn cilantro
- cooked rice noodles, or rinsed shirataki noodles if paleo/grain-free, to serve
- Make the sauce: In a jar, shake up all ingredients as indicated above.
- Cook the steak: Place a wok over high heat and let it warm up for about 2 minutes. Add the beef strips with a few tablespoons of the sauce and stir fry constantly until browned on the edges, but not completely cooked through – about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and snap peas, along with a few more tablespoons of sauce. Continue stir frying, coating the vegetables as much as possible. Cook until tender-crisp and vibrant green in colour, about 4 minutes on high heat. By this time, the beef should also be fully cooked.
- Distribute the cooked rice noodles between bowls, tossing them in sesame ginger sauce if you like. In a large bowl, mix together the shredded purple cabbage, sesame seeds, lime juice and cilantro. Distribute between the bowls, then portion out the beef stir fry.
- Garnish with additional lime wedges and sesame seeds, then serve.
The cornstarch/arrowroot are optional and will create a thicker sauce, but if you don’t have them on hand, feel free to leave them out.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: dinner
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: Asian