This Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken + Italian Roasted Veggies will soon become a favourite in your weeknight meal plan, thanks to its easy preparation, speedy cleanup and amazing flavour! Paleo, Whole30 and high in protein.
- 2 tbsp ovocado oil
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning (or a blend of any of these: dried oregano, basil, rosemary, saje, marjoram, thyme)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 130–140g each
- 1/4 small red onion, diced into 1” pieces
- 4 cups sliced or diced zucchini (green, yellow, or a mix of both)
- 1 yellow and 1 red bell pepper, diced
- sea salt + black pepper
- fresh parsley and basil leaves (optional, to garnish/serve)
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a jar or sealed container, combine the avocado oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning.
- Lay the chicken on the baking sheet. Use a basting brush to coat each piece generously with the balsamic mixture.
- Roast the chicken for 15 minutes while you prep the rest of the recipe.
- After chopping all veggies to roughly the same size, toss them in a large bowl with the remaining balsamic mixture. Stir well to coat.
- After the chicken has been in the oven for 15 minutes, carefully take it out and scatter the veggies around it on the same pan.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt and black pepper, as well as the fresh herbs (optional).
- Continue cooking for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Divide the chicken and veggies between plates/bowls. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: roast
Keywords: sheet pan chicken, paleo recipes, whole30 recipes, whole30 dinners, sheet pan dinners, weeknight dinners, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free