Chickpeas in all their glory! This classic is a must-have in any plant-based healthy snacking routine.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin and chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Puree until it reaches desired consistency, then transfer to a small bowl.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of za’atar, coriander, chili powder or any of your favourite spices.
- Serve with pita wedges, raw veggies, or as a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
For a thinner hummus, add more tahini and/or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil as the food processor is running. It will thicken slightly in the fridge.
- Category: snack, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, low sugar, low sodium, low sugar, nut free
- Method: food processor