High in protein and omega-3 essential fats, this meal-sized salad will keep you feeling full for hours!
For the scallops:
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 125g small/medium raw scallops, defrosted if frozen
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt + black pepper
For the rest:
- 4 big fistfuls mixed spring greens, washed and patted dry
- 2 cups French green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 English cucumber, spiralized into ribbons or thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 120g thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 12 large shrimp, cooked + defrosted if frozen
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 small avocado, thinly sliced
- lemon wedges, to garnish
Lemon Vinaigrette (you will have some leftover):
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- Make the dressing: Shake all ingredients in a jar. Set aside.
- Cook the green beans: Lightly boil or steam until fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain off the water.
- Meanwhile, cook the scallops: Heat the oil in a frying pan for 1 minute on high, swirling it around. Add the scallops, followed by lemon juice. Stir fry them until cooked and completely opaque – about 2-2.5 mins. (They cook fast!) Remove them from the heat, season with sea salt + pepper, and set aside.
- Assembly: Toss the greens in some of the dressing and divide them between two bowls. Arrange (in this order) the green beans, cucumber ribbons, shrimp, scallops, avocado and smoked salmon slices. Finally, add the quartered egg, cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges. Serve with additional dressing on the side.
- Category: salad, lunch, dinner, pescetarian, gluten free, dairy free, high protein, low sugar, nut free, paleo
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: West Coast
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe, no dressing
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 735mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 227mg