Packed with whole food ingredients that have amazing anti-inflammatory properties and healthy fats, this Blueberry Salmon Power Salad makes for a light yet totally satisfying lunch.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups watercress
- 170g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted walnut halves/pieces
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, sliced or diced
- 2–3 tbsp thinly sliced or minced red onion
- 1 tbsp each torn or thinly sliced fresh mint and basil
- to garnish: sprouts – radish, sunflower, pea – whatever you like
Ginger Citrus Vinaigrette (you will have some leftover):
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp raw honey
- sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- Make the dressing: In a small container or mason jar, shake up all of the ingredients. Add a few pinches of sea salt + black pepper to taste. (Alternatively, if you want it to be super smooth, use a food processor to blend out the ginger bits.) Set aside.
- Wash the greens, trimming if needed. Pat dry with a paper towel and place them in a big bowl with the herbs, blueberries and walnuts. Add some of the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Gently mix in the avocado, then divide the greens between two bowls.
- Arrange the smoked salmon pieces between the bowls, followed by the sprouts to garnish. Serve with additional dressing on the side if needed.
- Category: salad, lunch, dairy free, gluten free, paleo, low sugar, high protein, anti-inflammatory, pescetarian,
- Method: no cook