Naturally sweet and vibrant in colour, these Roasted Carrots with Tahini Garlic Sauce are nutrition-packed powerhouses you’ll want on all of your holiday menus.
- 2lbs carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp each parsley and dill
- sea salt and black pepper
For the sauce (you will have lots leftover):
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
For the toppings:
- 3 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the carrots out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Using a basting brush, brush the carrots with the mixture. Sprinkle the herbs, sea salt and black pepper on top.
- Roast the carrots for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic tahini sauce by pureeing all ingredients in a food processor. Note that tahini comes in varying thicknesses, so add water to thin as needed. The final result should have the consistency of yogurt.
- When the carrots are ready, transfer them to a serving platter. Pour some of the sauce over the carrots and sprinkle with pomegranate, pepitas and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Note: Leftover tahini garlic sauce can be stored in a sealed glass jar for up to 1 week and used as a dip or spread.
- Category: side
- Method: roast