Spicy and savoury with a twist of lime, these Sriracha Lime Salmon Power Bowls are packed with protein, essential fatty acids and plenty of vitamins and minerals to support overall health, mood and energy. They’re also paleo, Whole30-friendly, sugar free and gluten free!
For the salmon:
- 2 raw skin-on salmon fillets, about 130g each
- 1 tbsp EACH toasted sesame oil, coconut aminos (or tamari), lime juice and minced/pureed fresh ginger
- 1–2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce of choice
For the rest:
- 3 cups shredded greens of choice
- 2 cups cauliflower rice or 1 1/2 cups short grain wild brown rice*, + 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice + 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 package seaweed salad (~1oz dried seaweed) rehydrated in ~1/4 cup warm water. I use SeaVegi by Seasnax.
- 1 tsp EACH toasted sesame oil + lime juice
- 1/2 ripe pitted avocado, diced
- 1 small watermelon radish, peeled and diced
- fresh torn cilantro + sesame seeds, to garnish
Make the salmon:
- In a resealable bag, combine all ingredients for the salmon marinade. Once mixed, add the salmon, seal the bag and leave to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven broiler or grill to high.
- If broiling, line a baking dish with foil and place the salmon fillets on top, skin side down.
- Broil the salmon for about 10 minutes (or 15, if your fillets are very thick). If grilling, grill for about 4 minutes flesh-down, then 6 minutes skin-side down. When finished, the fish should be flaky throughout.
Make the rest:
- Chop all remaining ingredients as indicated above. Arrange the greens + cauliflower rice in 2 bowls.
- After soaking the seaweed in water to rehydrate, drain off any excess liquid. Toss the seaweed in 1 tsp each toasted sesame oil and lime juice. Layer into the bowls, followed by the salmon.
- Follow with the avocado, watermelon radish, cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Note: If using wild brown rice the recipe will no longer be paleo or Whole30-compliant, but feel free to pick whatever works best for you!
- Category: dinner
- Method: broil
- Cuisine: Asian