Whether you say pe-cahhhn or peee-can, there’s no question that these No-Bake Maple Pecan Cookie Dough Protein Bites are to die for!
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats, ground into a flour, or ¾ cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla Vega Sport Protein Powder
- 2 tsp maca root powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg and sea salt
- 2/3 cups pecans
- ½ cup chopped pitted Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for about 5 minutes
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp maple extract (optional, for a stronger maple flavour)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- extra pecans, to decorate
- Combine the oat flour, protein powder, maca root powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the pecans in a food processor and whirl until they form coarse flour. Pour them into the oat flour mixture.
- Add the dates and warm water to the processor and pulse/process until broken down as much as possible. Add all remaining ingredients except the extra pecans to the processor and continue blending until evenly incorporated.
- Depending on the size of your food processor, you can either add the flour mixture gradually to the bowl and blend it into the wet ingredients, or add the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir them into the flour. Either way, you’re looking for a dough-like consistency. If necessary, add 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Roll the dough into a ball and store it, wrapped in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Dividing the chilled dough into 10-12 even pieces, form small balls with your hands. Press each one down with the bottom of a glass and place a pecan half in the middle of each.
- Store in the fridge, or freeze leftovers for up to 3 weeks.