Dark, chocolatey and full of coconut flavour, this Chocolate Macaroon Smoothie tastes like dessert but is healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast. You’d never know there were greens hiding inside!
- 1 scoop chocolate Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (warm, if making the warm version of the recipe)
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca root powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ice (if making this as a cold smoothie)
- to garnish: toasted coconut and cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients except toppings until completely smooth, adding ice as needed.
- Pour into a tall glass, garnish and enjoy!
- If you choose to make this a warm smoothie, note that the consistency will be more like that of a latte than a thick icy smoothie. It’ll be just as delicious though!
- Category: drinks + smoothies
- Method: blender