Inspired by traditional Korean cuisine, this Korean Beef Bulgogi with Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is a flavour-packed, veggie-ful, high-protein lunch or dinner.
For the beef and marinade:
- 250g uncooked grass-fed sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 small apple or pear, grated
- 1 small green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp low sodium tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp each rice vinegar, minced ginger, coconut sugar and toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp gochujang (Korean curry paste), or 1 tsp sriracha or 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
For the rest:
- 2 tsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 2 cups shredded spinach
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced watermelon radish
- 1/2 cup minced bell peppers
- sliced green onions, sesame seeds, mint, cilantro and limes, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a resealable container, along with the beef strips. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut/avocado oil in a frying pan and allow it to melt. Add the cauliflower rice and kimchi, stir frying until warm throughout and well combined. Divide it between 2 serving bowls.
- Distribute the remaining ingredients except garnishes between the 2 bowls.
- When ready to cook the meat, place the frying ban back over high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef strips and a some of their marinade to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side. (They won’t take long – just a quick stir fry is all they need.)
- Transfer the beef evenly between the bowls and top with any or all of the garnishes.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: Korean