- 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups brown crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (see below)
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
To make pumpkin pie spice:
- 1/3 cup cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg and ginger
- 1 ½ tsp each cloves and allspice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats through sea salt).
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown rice syrup, maple syrup and almond butter, and whisk until a smooth, thin mixture forms (about 4-5 minutes.) Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to coat as evenly as possible.
- Pour the entire contents of the bowl into an 8×8 baking dish. (If your dish is glass, I recommend lining it with 2 sheets of parchment paper so that you can use them as handles to pull the bars out. If using a silicone dish, don’t worry about lining it.)
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for an hour, or in the fridge for about 3 hours to set. Once firm, use a sharp knife to cut 10-12 bars or squares.
- Wrap each bar individually. Store in the fridge, or freeze leftovers for up to 4 weeks.