One of the tips we’ve all heard when it comes to keeping our grocery spending under control is never to shop hungry or without a plan. I have to say that 9 times out of 10, I practice that. But sometimes I find myself needing to make a quick stop in at the grocery store on my way home from the gym, and this morning happened to be one of those occasions.
I walked into Whole Foods, and immediately upon passing the florist, there they were, starting right back up at me: basket upon basket of summer stone fruits. Peaches, nectarines, plums and apricots, all sitting there in their delightful round plumpness, whispering “Angela, pick me! Pick mmmmmeeeeeeee!”
I’m a sucker.
A few minutes after getting home, this Summer Stone Fruit Smoothie Bowl came to life. No shower, no changing out of sweaty gym gear, no unpacking the rest of the groceries. It was divine, and a perfect use for any super ripe stone fruits you’re trying to use up (or alternatively, for the ones calling your name next time you walk into the grocery store.) Enjoy!Print
Enjoy every bit of summer with this juicy Summer Stone Fruit Smoothie Bowl. It’s the perfect way to use up your ripe peaches, apricots and plums, but if they don’t happen to be in season, know that frozen ones work just as well!
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1 handful romaine lettuce
- 1 cup frozen peach slices
- 1 plum, pit removed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 30ml Sibu Omega 7 Pure (this is sea buckthorn berry puree) – optional
- toppings: sliced apricots and nectarine, fresh mint, toasted coconut, diced papaya
- Blend everything except the toppings until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, arrange the remaining fruit + garnishes however you like, and grab a spoon
[Tweet “Summer Stone Fruit Smoothie Bowl #recipe”]